Make Your Own Colorful + Modern Valentine’s Day Cards
Valentine’s Day is around the corner, so what better way to show someone you care than with a DIY card? Sally J Shim is the author of, a sweet-as-can-be paper crafting book—here she gives step-by-step instructions for the Color Block Pocket Valentines.
These are colorful, modern, and perfect for a friend or loved one! You can mix and match different colors or patterned papers to reflect the style of each recipient, or even add a personalized valentine, photograph, or trinket inside the pocket.
- 4.25” x 5.5” pieces of colored cardstock in two colors
- 5.5” x 8.5” piece of white copy paper
- 8.5” x 11” piece of white cardstock
- 1/4” double-sided tape
- X-ACTO knife
- Cutting mat
1. Print on white copy paper. Cut out along lines.
2. Print the on white cardstock. Place cardstock on a cutting mat and use a ruler and X-ACTO knife to cut along inside of lines.
3. Trace the template onto a 4.25” x 5.5” piece of colored cardstock. Place cardstock on a cutting mat and use a ruler and X-ACTO knife to cut along lines.
4. Place 1/4” double-sided tape along the outside edges of the pocket, except for the diagonal side. Adhere pocket to the 4.25” x 5.5” piece of colored cardstock. If the edges do not match up, use the X-ACTO knife to trim.