Aside from our parents, teachers have one of the most impactful roles in our development. Whether it’s the elementary school teacher who comes to your rescue by interrupting a bully, or a college professor who finally got that “light bulb on” in Calculus, teachers enrich our lives. Christmas is a time to recognize, express gratitude, and spread cheer to those who have made a difference in our lives. A small gift (harkening back to an apple for the teacher in elementary school) may be an appropriate and welcome gesture. Whether or not there’s a gift, a heartfelt message is in order. This may be accomplished through an Email, but there’s nothing like a hand written sentiment to demonstrate sincerity. Often taken for granted, and certainly unappreciated, teachers deserve this warm gesture of recognition. Following are some samples that may spark ideas for your own personal message.
- If Christmas is the season to give thanks, my list has to begin with you, my favorite teacher.
- Merry Christmas to a teacher who not only taught me from the English textbook, but taught me to love the English language.
- If you ever think that your job as a teacher goes unappreciated, I want to use this Christmas card to tell you that you inspire me every day.
- Dear Teacher: Merry Christmas to my teacher, friend and biggest fan.
- As a teacher you taught me math, but as a person you’ve set an example for how to live a respectable life. Thank you and Merry Christmas.
- Merry Christmas to the teacher who first met me as a bratty trouble-maker, but hung in there and taught me how to behave respectfully.
- Merry Christmas, teacher. I hope you get the same amount of gifts as you’ve given me — that’s a lot!