Don’t miss out on all of NerdWallet’s highly anticipated 2015 Black Friday ad leaks this season from your favorite stores! For announcements about the best holiday deals around, check back regularly before you start shopping. For year-round sales, use NerdWallet’s DealFinder tool.
The 2015 CVS Black Friday ad is here! We’ve flipped through the pages of the ad to help you find the best deals. Check out the highlights below.
CVS Pharmacy Black Friday 2015
CVS Pharmacy will be open on Thanksgiving Day this year, as well as Black Friday and the Saturday after for a three-day holiday shopping weekend sale. While the front of the eight-page CVS Black Friday ad promises a “25% off 3-Day Shopping Pass” good Nov. 26-28, this shopping pass comes with numerous restrictions. Use of this shopping pass requires a CVS ExtraCare card and the discount excludes any sale items mentioned below, among other restrictions listed on the ad.
You’re not going to get many of your big-ticket holiday shopping items at CVS, but there are some nice deals on small groceries, holiday ornaments and the occasional name-brand gift box. These deals require using the CVS ExtraCare card, which you can get online, through the CVS app or in person at CVS stores. Here are some of the best deals from the three-day sale:
- Buy two and get the third free on assorted cosmetics from L’Oreal, CoverGirl and Neutrogena
- 2-liter bottles of Pepsi products for 79 cents each
- Buy one get one free on Merry Brite holiday light string sets and holiday M&M’s
- Two for $20 on designer fragrances from Armani and more
- 40% off Norelco shavers and Sonicare rechargeable toothbrushes
- Buy one get one free on Hallmark holiday ornaments, including designs from “Frozen” and “Spider-Man”
- $5.99 for Peanuts holiday ornaments and $14.99 for a Charlie Brown holiday tree
- $29.99 for the AeroDrone X6 drone
- More than 50% off a SanDisk 16 GB USB flash drive
Store and pharmacy hours are not listed on the CVS Black Friday ad, as hours vary by individual location.
If you like shopping at CVS, you’ll definitely want to check out the Black Friday deals at these similar stores: Target and Wal-Mart.
CVS Black Friday Deals from 2014
CVS made Black Friday a three-day affair in 2014. The drugstore opened its doors on Thanksgiving Day and treated its customers to huge price cuts on candy, Christmas decorations, makeup and much more.
For example, customers could buy one, get one free on select bags of candy. Select toys were also buy one, get one free, and the popular UP24 Activity Tracker by Jawbone was reduced to $99.99 (regularly $129.99).
But there was one major caveat to the 2014 deals. Shoppers needed to have a CVS ExtraCare card in order to score the lower prices. This year, consider signing up for the free rewards program before Black Friday so you’ll be prepared.
For more details about the 2014 CVS Black Friday sale, take a look at our analysis of last year’s ad here.