When you use your Apple ID to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store for the first time, you're asked to enter a payment method so that you can purchase items from the store. Follow these steps if you don't want to associate a payment method with your account.
If you already have an Apple ID
If you've already created your Apple ID, you'll need to add a payment method when you first use it to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. But you can optionally remove the payment method after you sign in to the store. You won't be asked for a payment method again until you make your first purchase.
If you don't have an Apple ID
If you haven't created your Apple ID, follow the steps below to create one and a store account at the same time, without adding a payment method.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the App Store, iTunes Store, or iBooks Store.
- Choose any free app, song, video, or book.
- When you're asked to sign in with an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. When you're asked for payment information, choose None. See what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it.
- After you enter all of the information required, you'll be asked to verify your Apple ID by email. You must verify your Apple ID before you can begin using it. Didn't receive the email?
If you use Family Sharing, and you’re the family organizer, you can’t set your payment information to None. You'll need to use a credit card or debit card.
On a Mac or PC
- Follow the onscreen instructions. When you're asked for payment information, choose None as the payment type. See what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it.