What to Write in an Anniversary Card
Anniversaries only come once a year. Thank goodness! Right? Anniversaries are extremely important times of celebration and recognition in a relationship. When it's time for your anniversary, write something special in your anniversary card. It's not enough to just sign your name after the message that comes with the card. It won't reflect the close and personal relationship that you have. Write something meaningful.
Use the following anniversary messages to help inspire you to come up with your own words. Choose one that works for your relationship or the couple you know. Think about the things you love about your significant other. Include some of those specific things to make your message personal. Add a little extra to one of the following anniversary message examples.
Anniversary Card Messages
- I'll continue to feel grateful as you continue to love me. Thanks for another amazing year with you.
- My time with you is valuable. Today, we get to celebrate the time that we've been blessed to spend together. Thank you for your commitment and investment in our relationship.
- You deserve for me to tell you how much I appreciate you more often. Time flies when I'm having fun living life with my best friend.
- Thanks for being such a great friend, lover, and partner. Our anniversaries are a genuine time of celebration and gratitude.
- I hope that a relationship that started with cookies, a fishing trip, and a turtle can always stay pure and simple. It's still fun to flirt with you. I can always depend on you to laugh just when I give up trying to make you. I love you.
- Happy Anniversary to the person who makes me happy!
- It has been another year. 'Time flies when you're having fun.' Happy Anniversary!
- Once a year seems too rare to tell you how much you mean to me. You mean a lot!
- I appreciate your love, understanding, listening, humor, flexibility and energy. I know loving me is hard work. Happy anniversary!
- Today is an awesome day to acknowledge how awesome it is to have you.
- I love having you as my (wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend). You are a blessing from God. Happy Anniversary!
- When I'm around you, I know that I can be my true self. You are the only person I can say that about. Thank you for accepting me.
- I know neither of us is perfect. We will always have that in common. Thanks for being o.k. with that.
- The years get faster and faster. Maybe that is because I'm having more and more fun with you. Happy Anniversary!
- I am glad that I am able to share my life with you. This anniversary marks another year of our lives that we have been blessed to have together. Happy anniversary!
- I am glad that you let me be myself. I don't know that I could do that with anyone else without the person thinking I am crazy. Maybe I am a little crazy.
- Happy Anniversary to someone I can talk to, laugh with, cry with, and cause some trouble with.
- If we were the only two people left in the world, there would still be plenty of love to reach around earth.
- I don't say it often enough even though you deserve it all the time. I love you!
- I think it's time to let you know that I've been dating someone, and I really love them. It's you!
- There could never be anyone to replace you.
- I knew we'd make it this long when I married you. I'm also predicting that we'll make it much longer.
- We may have had some challenges over our time together, but have been persistent in our commitment.
- You are amazing! I'm so lucky!
- I'm blessed to share another anniversary with you.
- No one but you could put up with me this long.
- I'm even more in love with you than I was last year.
- Another year has gone by, but I hope it's still just the beginning for us.
- I'm still grateful to have the most wonderful person in the world.
- You might not be perfect, but you're perfect for me.
- Let's celebrate the time we've been blessed to share with each other.
- Each year, I can't believe I keep getting more happy to be with you.
- What did I do to deserve someone so awesome?
- Our love is maturing.
- Time is much sweeter when I spend it with you.
- My love for you is timeless.
- I couldn't be happier with anyone else in the world.
- I still am, and I always will be yours.
- We belong together. That much is true.
- We will never be together for too long.
- You are proof that dreams do come true!
- It's a strange coincidence that my anniversary is on the same day as yours. We should celebrate together.
- A paper cut and lemon juice, pizza and heartburn, and you and me are just a few things that aren't supposed to go together but usually end up that way. Happy anniversary!
- Each year that goes by reminds me of how far we've come. Hopefully we have many more years to go together. I like to think the glass is half empty.
- Hey, I didn't forget our anniversary; I'm just early for next year's anniversary. (Belated anniversary message)
- It's a good thing that you are better at forgiving me than I am at messing up. Happy Anniversary!
- Sometimes I try to think about what life would be like without you. All I can come up with is a boring, peaceful life. Happy Anniversary! Here's to a little conflict!
- You are my one and only. You are the one and only person who can put up with me!
- I hope that you can say that each year we're together gets a little easier. If you can't, then I hope your patience is getting stronger.
- The more time we're together, the more we seem to rub off on each other. We're practically the same person now.
What to Write for Your First Anniversary
- One year down, many more to go! Happy first anniversary!
- 365 days is just the beginning of many more awesome days with you.
- This last year is really just the first year of the rest of our lives together.
- I can't say anything more about this first year with you than, it was awesome!
- Another year like the last one would be amazing. I'm hoping for an even better year though.
Wishes to the Couple
If you're here to figure out what to write in your parents' anniversary card, this is the section for you. You can also use these for friends and other family members.
- I hear that the first (#) years are always the most difficult. I'm wishing you a much easier 'til death do you part' from now on.
- Scientists figured out that the longer you stay married, the more you start to look alike. I can't even tell you apart any more.
- You guys are an inspiration! Congratulations on so many years together.
- I am blessed to have you as an example of commitment.
- If God put you two together, then He must have a sense of humor. I guess the joke hasn't gotten old yet.
- To two of my favorite people combined into one of my favorite couples, Happy anniversary!
- The longer I know you, the more you inspire me through your relationship. Happy anniversary!
How to Write an Anniversary Message
If you don't feel comfortable using one of the anniversary messages included here, you can write your own. Here is a simple formula to write a great anniversary message:
- Write one warm thought or feeling about being together
- Write one feeling about the other person
- Write one compliment about the other person
- Write one statement of gratitude
- It's a blast being with you.
- I love you more than I tell you.
- You are able to keep me in line, amuse me, and love me all at the same time.