What to Write in a Halloween Card
As Halloween approaches, it will soon be time to write in Halloween cards. Halloween card messages provide the opportunity to have fun, be creative, or just show your corny humor.
Here are some fun things to write in a Halloween card.
Quotes for Halloween Cards
Quotes work well for just about any kind of card message, and below are some specific Halloween quotes that will work well in a card. Many times, a quote may be appropriate to stand alone as the entire message. Other times, adding a little extra personal wording can spice up a quote or give it needed context.
- I’m a good witch most of the time.
- A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween. -Erma Bombeck
- If the broom fits, ride it.
- There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.
- I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. -Unknown
- Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortal. -Emily Dickenson
- Eat, drink and be scary. -Unknown
- Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)
- Get your candy on! -Unknown
- Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night. -Steve Almond
- This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him. -Conan O'Brien
- Forget love - I'd rather fall in chocolate! -Sandra J. Dykes
- Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold. -Judith Olney
Halloween PoemsBesides quotes, poems make great additions to greeting cards. Here are some Halloween poems that might work well for a longer style message.
Wishing you lots of Halloween fun,
And that you eat all the candy you can.
If you get scared try not to run,
Because the monster is just a man.
Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,
Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!"
From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!
Dress up and play the part.
Hold out your bag to be stuffed.
Just don’t do it at Wal-Mart,
Or you might end up hand-cuffed.
When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween.
Silent phantoms of the night
In their robes of ghostly white
They are always to be seen
On the night of Halloween
Halloween Invitation Wording
If you are having a Halloween party, use some of these examples of Halloween sayings for your invitations.