What is the best way to say thank you? How to say thank you?
This is a very popular question that many of our students often ask. In fact, there are several ways to express your gratitude!
In this article, we will look at the various ways of saying ‘thanks’, and how they would differ in a number of situations. Whether you need to say it formally or informally. To a friend or to a colleague. For a gift or for someone’s help. There’s a whole variety of phrases you can use!
Everyone wants to be appreciated, so say it the right way, and show that you mean it by being sincere, rather than seeming as if you are just saying thank you out of obligation.
It’s not just about expressing verbal gratitude, but also about using the right body language and selecting the right words!
Have a look at the various options below, and pick the right one for the occasion…
SOME BASIC PHRASES
- Thank you
- Thanks a lot.
- Thank you very much.
- Thank you. That’s very kind of you.
- Thank you. You’re so helpful.
- Thanks for your kind words.
- Thank you for coming here today.
- “I love your dress; you look so beautiful!” – “Thank you very much.”
- “Would you like a sandwich?” – “Oh, thanks. I would love one.”
- “Can I help you with anything?” – “No, thank you. I’m fine at the moment.”
Other Ways To Say I LOVE YOU!
SAYING THANK YOU TO YOUR TEACHER
This can be done in many ways. As we know, teachers are generally helpful, considerate, encouraging, and forthcoming towards their students.
The way you say it would depend on what you are saying thank you for. Teachers are some of the most influential and inspiring people that we come across in our lives, yet they tend to be regrettably under-appreciated.
Just writing a simple ‘thank you’ note, or saying a few special words will go a long way, and be remembered for years to come. Even recommending your teacher to others is a great way to show that you really enjoyed studying with them!
Phrases with examples:
- Thank you I really appreciate your help.
- I am eternally grateful for everything you’ve taught me.
- Thank you for sharing your wisdom with me.
- I cannot thank you enough for helping me.
- I am very thankful that you are my teacher.
- How can I ever thank you enough.
- Teachers like you are not easy to find.
- I really appreciate all the hard work you’ve done to help me.
- I am grateful for the positive learning environment you provided me with.
- I have learnt so much, thanks to you.
- Thank you for your guidance and support.
- Thank you for helping me improve.
- I want you to know how much I value your support.
- Your lessons have been very insightful and fun!
- I have had so much fun learning with you!
- Your approach to teaching inspires me.
- Thank you for being patient and helping me improve.
- I wholeheartedly appreciate everything you’ve done for me.
- You’re the best teacher ever!
- “I just want to say how grateful I am that you were my teacher. Your guidance and support has been amazing! Thank you for helping me improve”
- “I really appreciate all the hard work you’ve done to help me. I have learnt so much, and it’s all thanks to you!”
- “You were there for me every step of the way, and I wholeheartedly appreciate everything you’ve done for me.”
- “Thank you for being so patient, and helping me improve! Teachers like you are hard to find, and I’m eternally grateful for everything you’ve taught me.”
- “I had so much fun learning with you. Your lessons were very insightful and interactive, so thank you. You’re the best teacher ever!”
Polite Expressions in English: Words, Phrases and Questions to be Kind
SAYING THANK YOU AT A WEDDING
There are various reasons why people would want to express thanks to wedding guests. Maybe they bought an extravagant wedding present, gave a generous monetary gift, helped with the preparations, or simply turned up to join in the special celebrations!
It could even be that you were the wedding guest, and would like to thank them for the invite! Pick the right words and remember to make everyone feel like you really appreciate what they’ve done for you.
- Thank you for coming.
- Thank you for joining us today.
- We appreciate you sharing our celebrations with us.
- Thank you for sharing this special day with us.
- We really appreciate your presence here.
- Thank you for the gift, we’re very grateful.
- I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful gift.
- We will remember this day and your contribution forever.
- You were invaluable today, thank you for all your help.
- What would we have done without your help? Thank you so much. (Rhetorical question)
- Thank you ever so much for your generous gift.
- Words cannot describe how grateful we are.
- It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day.
- Thank you for inviting me to share your special day.
- I’m very happy to be a part of your celebrations.
- “Thank you for coming today. It’s been such a wonderful day, and we really appreciate you sharing it with us.”
- “Thank you for the gift, and for joining us today. It’s been so special, and we’re really glad you were her.”
- “Thank you so much for everything you did to help make this day perfect. What would we have done without you?” (Rhetorical question)
- “Thank you for all the lovely gifts, and for being here with us. It means a lot.”
- “Words cannot describe how grateful we are for your generous gift. Thank you ever so much.”
- “It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. Thank you for inviting me, and sharing your happiness.”
20 Surprisingly Funny Idioms about Love
SAYING THANK YOU AT CHRISTMAS
Christmas is a very special time of the year for many families; it is a time when friends and families can get together and celebrate in good cheer. It is usually a time of union, togetherness, and goodwill.