It's almost time to welcome in 2016! Make sure to send your loved ones an E-card to celebrate. Pictured: The numerals "1" and "6" sit in New York City's Times Square for the annual celebration on Dec. 15, 2015. Photo: Getty
Happy New Year's Eve! It’s easy to text your loved ones the annual greeting, but if you want to make your message personal, why not send out a free E-card? There are several sites that offer customizable messages geared towards New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day free of charge. Find the perfect holiday saying at one of the five free sites listed below!
1. 123 Greetings — The site has hundreds of cards to choose from. Whether you’re interested in an animated greeting or a simple, two-dimensional E-card, you’re covered. The service separates their cards by “most popular, most viewed, highest rated and latest, ” so you’ll have no trouble finding one that suits your needs before the clock strikes 12!
2. Cross Cards — If you prefer to send your loved ones a religious message for the new year, Cross Cards is your best bet. The site has free cards that include everything from motivational sayings to Bible verses. You can choose to send your card via email, or share it on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
3. Someecards — For those who prefer to give the gift of laughter, Someecards’ electronic greetings offer the perfect combination of humor and sarcasm. Free greetings include sayings such as “Here’s to pretending that anything changes when the year does” and “My New Year’s resolution is to lose just enough weight so that my gut doesn’t jiggle when I brush my teeth.”
4. Punchbowl — The site not only sends your customized E-cards, each card also includes a fancy, electronic envelope. There are dozens of complimentary cards geared towards New Year’s Day available. You can utilize this free service by logging in through Facebook or creating an account.
5. Greetings Island — You can print out or send electronic versions of Greetings Island’s cards. There New Year’s Day designs are separated by popularity and the date in which they were added to the site. Some designs allow you to make your card extra personal by adding in your own photos.See also: