There are many ways to express your holiday spirit. One great way is to write a Happy Holiday card to your friends and family. It’s very personal and lets people know you care.
This post has some helpful tips on writing holiday greetings in English.
You definitely need something to write on and the variety of postcard choices is huge at any gift shop.
Choose the one that best serves your objective, depending on the holiday and the type of personal relationship you have with the recipient. Get a postcard that will make somebody laugh or cry. Touching or sentimental cards are great for your family members and loved ones.
Now that you have a beautiful postcard in your hands, it’s time to work on the details. A postcard’s format is quite straightforward:
A box on the top right corner of the backside is usually where the stamp goes. Most of the postcards are divided by a vertical line through the middle. The recipient’s address goes on the right side of the card. A message or doodle will go in the big blank space on the left side (the note area).
Begin your postcard message by including the date in the upper right of the note area. It will give the recipient an idea of when you sent the postcard – and believe me it may take time to arrive!
Don’t forget to address the person you are sending the postcard to.
- Dear Katy
- My dearest Katy
- My darling
- Beloved Aunt Katy
Don’t be stingy with writing warm wishes to your loved ones. Think of something special and meaningful to them, it will make your letter more personal and your recipients will appreciate that you devoted some time to remembering the moments you spent together.
- Happy Holidays!
- I hope you have an unforgettable time this holiday!
- Have the best holidays ever!
- Wishing you and your lovely family happy holidays!
- Thinking of you and wishing you wonderful holidays!
- So glad we are family/friends and so thankful for all the great memories we share!
- I am so grateful to have a friend like you these holidays and all year round!
- One of the best parts of the holidays is getting together. Looking forward to catching up soon!
- For me, there are no holidays without you! Can’t wait to see you all on the holidays!
- Looking forward to having lots of fun together over the holidays!
As my imaginary statistics shows, most of the postcards in the world are being sent to loved ones who are far, far away. So, including a part where you show how much you miss them is almost mandatory.