It’s not too late to get a holiday or New Year’s card out in the mail to your boss or client. The easy part is getting the card; however, for me, the harder part is crafting an appropriate message or greeting! We’ve put together a list of some crazy things you could get away with saying to your boss, some things you probably should not say and then a boring list of politically correct things to say to your boss, clients or small business associates. Pick the one or two you like best and file the rest under “G for garbage”!
1. As a boss, you rule. Here’s to another great year of working with you.
2. Thanks for sharing the secrets of good management and leading us through another great year.
3. You know, I am NOT at all sucking up. I just really want you to know, what an amazing boss you are. It is such a pleasure to work with you.
The subtext: It takes courage to let go of control. But when you do, great things can happen. Just ask Bruce Springsteen.
4. This is the most politically correct card I could find.
The subtext: I’m eliminating the possibility of offending anyone including your wife because who doesn’t celebrate The New Year!?
1. I am just happy to have a job.
The fine print: This doesn’t necessarily mean I am happy with my job. Big difference. I’m simply floating along praying for the day when I can tell you really what I’m thinking.
2. You’re not the boss of me.
The fine print: Until I can pay my own iPhone bill, my Mom is the boss of me. A raise would help.
3. I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but…
The fine print: Fill in the blanks. Is silence still the golden rule? Let me know when the rules change.
Before we jump into the safe but boring New Year’s messages, here is a test. Check out the holiday card below. Think of the response you might receive if you gave it to your boss or client.
Does This Card Bring a Smile to Your Face?
When a snowman falls in the woods, does he make a noise? This one does.
The inside of this card reads: “Peace on Earth and good will toward Snowmen”
22 Small Business Happy Holiday & New Year’s Card Messages
You have the card, now comes the hard part. Don’t panic. To help make the process of selecting your greeting easier, here is an excellent list of 22 somewhat boring but job-safe messages perfect for small businesses!
- A World of Good Wishes. One of the real joys this holiday season is the opportunity to say, thank you and wish you the very best for the new year.
- We wish you a very Happy Holiday season and a peaceful and prosperous New Year.
- Wishing you a Happy Holiday and a joyful New Year. Best wishes from your friends at [company name].
- Happy Holidays and warm wishes for 2015!
- Happy Holidays from everyone at [company name]. We hope your holidays will be filled with joy and laughter through the ! Wishing you a Happy Holiday season from the team at [company name].
- Season’s greetings from the very merry team at [company name].
- We wish you joy and peace in 2015.
- Wishing you all the joys of the season and happiness throughout the coming year.
- We are so grateful to have clients like you in our lives. Happy New Year from [company name].
- May you have a spectacular New Year!
- Wishing you a season of joy and looking forward to continued success in 2015.
- Wishing you a bright 2015 from your friends at [company name].
- Wishing you a Happy New Year! We hope it’s your best year ever.
- May this good cheer last throughout the year.
- We appreciate your business and wish you the best in the coming year.
- May the holiday spirit be with you and your family today and throughout the New Year.
- We’re so glad to have you as a client and look forward to serving you in the future.