- Applesauce Pouches, Animal Crackers, Fruit Snacks, galore! :: Snacks on the go… all of these are the Kirkland Signature brand and my kids eat them up (quickly). The beauty of it? The pouches aren’t breaking the bank!
- Diapers & Wipes :: This is pretty much a no-brainer for anyone with little one(s) in diapers. For a while I had three in diapers and even now that we are down to just two in diapers, I can’t help put price out the cost per diaper to make sure we are getting the most bang for our buck!
- Organic Produce :: Berries, Mandarin Oranges, Grapes, Apples, Bananas… if your kids are like mine – you go through A LOT of fruit! We also like to freeze fruit and use it for smoothies… which is another reason why buying in bulk is fantastic!
- Organic Meat & Seafood :: The beauty of this is that you can by organic, high quality meats and seafood at the same cost (or lower) than conventional meat at competitors. My family tends to eat more salmon than meat, so we will buy from Costco and then cut it up and freeze it… which makes for an easy go-to dinner on a night when we don’t know what to cook!
- Coconut Oil :: With the many uses of coconut oil, this is one of the best places to buy it. Plus it’s generally at a discount compared to competitors!
- Organic Eggs :: According to some, once you buy your organic eggs at Costco – you won’t want to buy from anywhere else. You’ll have to check it out to see for yourself!
- Paper Products :: Toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc. We buy all these in bulk and store in the laundry room closet. Better than running out, am.i.right?!
- Laundry Detergent :: So I am not one to overthink what brand of laundry detergent to buy. My husband on the other hand, loves Consumer Reports. And wouldn’t you know it – Costco’s Kirkland brand is top-rated when compared to other leading brands.
- Wine & Alcohol :: You can’t beat the prices, and they almost always have whatever you need in stock, including some higher end bottles that are great for gifting or special occasions!
- Greek Yogurt :: We go through A LOT of Greek Yogurt at our house! Remember how I mentioned using the fruit for smoothies?? We also use Greek Yogurt in our smoothies.
This is just a short list… I’ve bought books, clothes, toys, a tv, tires, gas, bath & body lotions, cereal, baked goods, pizza, vitamins, you name it – they probably carry it. And if they carry it – you can safely assume it will be a high quality!
We would LOVE to know – what are your top items that you buy at Costco for your family? Please comment below!
And for good measure, here are a few more reasons to shop at Costco!
- Competitive pricing on quality merchandise meets or exceeds local competitors.
- Kirkland Signature products are rated higher than most leading brands.
- Free demos and samples on a daily basis.
- Costco is leading the nation in organic sales.
- The environment in Costco speaks for itself with its cleanliness and well-lit warehouse shopping experience.
- Costco offers many services in and outside of the warehouse: Auto Buying, Check Printing, Travel and Car Rentals, Insurance, Mortgage Financing, Water Delivery, Leaf Guard, Flooring and Windows, Identity Protection, Pharmacy, Hearing Aid, Optical, and Photo Lab.
- Discounts to restaurants, movies, spas, and many more.
- They offer a 100-percent member satisfaction guarantee. We will refund your membership if at any time you are not satisfied.
- Free healthy heart screening, osteoporosis screening to all members and non-members.
- They offer pet meds for your fur babies.
- Costco’s meat department is USDA Choice grade or better.
- They have the best Rotisserie 3-pound chicken for $4.99 – no preservatives, MSG free, gluten free, and USDA grade.
If you’ve been considering joining Costco – now is the time to check it out! On November 13th, we invite you to our Costco Mom Hour at the Middleton and Sun Prairie locations. Costco has graciously agreed to not only open their doors an hour early for MMB readers and their friends, but they will also be offering an exclusive membership special for new members (that day only) where those who sign up will receive a $10 Costco cash card! Not only that, but the first 100 moms who show up will receive a swag bag from Costco, chock full of some of their most popular Kirkland Signature brand items for YOU to try! There will also be special samples specifically chosen for moms and their kids, along with a continental breakfast (coffee, juice, water, muffins, danishes, fruit, etc!) AND they will be doing some giveaways for their pumpkin pies (YUM!) and their take out pizzas (Friday night pizza night anyone?!)See also:
- Safe, organic baby lotion formulated with care.