- Needle and thread
- 15 inch long, thin dowel
- Cut three 9 by 12 inch pieces of felt to be used as the backing. Some stores sell felt in this size.
- Cut out three 9 by 6 inch pieces of felt to be used as the three pockets. Use whatever colors you like for your design.
- Use smaller pieces of felt to cut out designs and glue them to the pocket pieces. For a Christmas theme you can use a snowman or Christmas tree. (If you want to make this for Valentine’s Day cards, you can use hearts and flowers.) Use your imagination!
- Glue or sew each pocket to one of the larger pieces of felt. You will then have three sections, each with a pocket. Glue or sew each of these sections together.
- To hang the card holder, attach a wooden dowel to the top of it. Use your needle and thread to secure the dowel in at least three places to the top piece of felt.
- Attach a piece of yarn to the dowel and hang your card holder!
You can use this card holder for Christmas cards, Valentine’s Day cards, Birthday cards, or anything else you want!