When attending a wedding, it is always appropriate to send warm wishes to the couple by congratulating them and wishing them luck in their future. Whether it is for a friend, relative, co-worker or neighbor, you will want to write down some words of congratulations in form of a card or letter, even if you can't attend.
Receiving a wedding invitation card is often a time for joyous preparations. After all, you want to celebrate the day with the happy couple. Whether you attend the wedding or have a prior commitment, you should share you enthusiasm for the special day with words of congratulations. However, not everyone is a natural wordsmith. A thesaurus can help you find the right words instead of repeating the same ones over and over again. Writing out a rough draft or two can help before you transfer your message into a card.
11 Sample Words of Congratulations Messages
You can also use verses, quotations and poems in your card or letter. You can use quotes alone or with a brief message of your own. The type of words will also depend on your personality as well as your relationship with the couple. While a humorous message might be acceptable for a close friend or family member, steer clear of humor and opt for a simple and genuine message of congratulations for an acquaintance or co-worker.
Customize one of the following 11 samples, or use them as inspiration for your own words of congratulations.
- May your love bloom brighter and your companionship grow sweeter with each passing year. Congratulations on your wedding.
- Wishing both of you a world of happiness and joy on your wedding day.
- May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever. Congratulations!
- Your wedding day may come and go, but may your love forever grow. Congratulations to the perfect couple!
- Congratulations to a beautiful couple. Wishing you a wonderful journey as you build your new life together.
- Wishing you both the happily ever after you deserve. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Through the storms of life, may your love for one another be steadfast and strong. Wishing you joy and happiness on your wedding day. Congratulations!
- Just a note to say how happy we are for you. Wishing you a lifetime of the greatest joy, love, and happiness. Congratulations to a wonderful couple!
- Words are just not quite enough today
When your love will light the way
To a wedding filled with joy never ending
The warmest wishes are what we are sending.
- Like a lighthouse on a dark night, may your love for one another always shine brightly. Congratulations on your wedding day.
- May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy. Congratulations to a couple whose match truly seems made in heaven!
Find help creating a meaningful letter to the bride and the groom using websites designed specifically for this purpose. The site iSample Letters will help you create personalized letters with an elegant design. Choose one of the wedding day letters to write your congratulatory words to the couple. Simply fill in the blanks with the appropriate information, or make any slight modifications that you feel will make the letter more personal.
Another program that helps compose letters is the WriteExpress. Helpful letter writing tips are included on the opening page. Order one of the three software versions in order to get help writing a congratulatory wedding letter. Use other features of the software to write letters for numerous other situations.
Compose a Heartfelt Message
As you compose your message, keep the following tips in mind:
- A poem or quotation on love and marriage can be a good way to begin or end a letter.
- Lighthearted humor may be appropriate, depending on your relationship.
- Write down future hopes for the couple and their happiness.
- Make a sincere apology for not attending the wedding.
- Propose getting together to view photographs and talk about the wedding after the honeymoon.