Happy Kwanzaa 2015
It’s Kwanzaa, which lasts from Saturday, December 26, 2015 and ends on Friday, January 1, 2016. It is a week-long celebration that honors African heritage in African-American culture and consists of gift-giving as well as feasting with loved ones. Kwanzaa consists of seven key principles, which are:Umoja (Unity): To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.
Kujichagulia (Self-Determination): To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves, and speak for ourselves.
Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers’ and sisters’ problems our problems, and to solve them together.
Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics): To build and maintain our own stores, shops, and other businesses and to profit from them together.
Nia (Purpose): To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
Kuumba (Creativity): To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
Imani (Faith): To believe with all our hearts in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders, and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
Now that you are familiar with the holiday, read on below for the best quotes and poems to include in your greeting cards for Kwanzaa. Kwanzaa isn’t a replacement for Christmas or even Hanukkah. Kwanzaa has nothing to do with religion and while some may twist it to be political, in its nature it is not. Kwanzaa is not the tool of its creator. Kwanzaa has a life of its own. Kwanzaa is about the spirit of people — all people regardless of color or race. Kwanzaa is a holiday of the human spirit — not the divine. The two were meant to co-exist peacefully.
– Author Unknown Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
– Alexander the Great In union there is strength.
– Aesop Kwanzaa is a special time to remember the ancestors, the bridge builders and the leaders.
– Dorothy Winbush Riley Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.
– Kenyan Proverb The seven principles of Kwanzaa — unity, self-determination, collective work and responsibility, cooperative economics, purpose, creativity and faith — teach us that when we come together to strengthen our families and communities and honor the lesson of the past, we can face the future with joy and optimism.
– President Bill Clinton A snowflake is one of God’s most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together!
– Author Unknown Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.
– Henry Ford
Here we are on distant shores,
Searching for love ones lost,
Knowing their pain and suffering
Was an ocean of love lost.
Can’t you see the sun is shining
Bringing energies of love?
Come, my people, unite together;
Wake up, stand up, be the love for all!
The bells are ringing – it is time
To answer the call of one.
Get together, my brothers and sisters,
It’s time you must unite as one.
Unite, unite – it’s time, it’s time,
You must unite as one.
Hold together, brothers and sisters,
It’s time to unite as one! Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
– Helen Keller Our children need the sense of specialness that comes from participating in a known and loved ritual. They need the mastery of self-discipline that comes from order. They need the self-awareness that comes from a knowledge of their past. They need Kwanzaa as a tool for building their future and our own.
– Jessica Harris Kwanzaa does not replace Christmas and is not a religious holiday. It is a time to focus on Africa and African-inspired culture and to reinforce a value system that goes back for generations.
– Eric V. Copage (Kwanzaa Song tune to Twinkle, Twinkle)
Kwanzaa is a time to light
A glowing candle every night
A time to show How much we care
A time to think about the past
And values that we want to last
Merry Christmas Blessings/Wishes/Greetings/E-Card/Quotes ...
Christmas Songs || Best Wshes/Quotes,Greetings,E-Cards ...
Christmas Cards/wishes/greetings wishes/picture quotes ...