What to Write in a Christmas Card
This page contains many Christmas card messages. Christmas cards come only once a year, but that doesn't make writing Christmas wishes any easier. It can be a daunting task.
Sometimes it may be appropriate to use a Christmas quote in your card, while other times a more personal message is best. Sometimes it may be appropriate to write a funny Christmas saying, while other times you will want to sincerely wish someone a merry Christmas.
These Christmas card message examples can serve as thought generators and inspiration. Common messages, funny wishes, and romantic wishes for a significant other are included. Make this a happy and easy holiday... at least the writing-in-the-card part.
Christmas Card Messages
These general Christmas wishes can be used for the least personal situations and for mass mailings to friends or distant relatives. These might be appropriate for a business holiday card, but also write a short thank you to your clients or employees.
- The best thing about Christmas is getting to write my Christmas cards to all the people I love.
- We’re wishing you a Christmas filled with the warmth of family, friends, and fun.
- As you become busy with the holiday festivities, take time to enjoy those things that are most important.
- We want to send our warm wishes to let you know we are thinking of you this Christmas.
- Hot chocolate, presents, candy canes, and family are the things that make Christmas such as special time. Merry Christmas!
- I am wishing you a magical Christmas full of excitement and wonder!
- May you be surrounded by people you love and people who love you this Christmas.
- I hope this card finds you enjoying the holiday season. Merry Christmas!
- Just like the original Christmas blessing, I hope you find blessings in unexpected places.
- May you be given the true blessings of Christmas: love, joy, peace, and hope!
- I’m glad to have people like you in my life to send Christmas cards. I am truly blessed this Christmas!
- This Christmas, have fun doing all the things that you get to do once a year at Christmas time.
- I hope your holidays are enjoyable and relaxing.
- May you find meaning in all you do to celebrate Christmas this year!
- Remember that the reason for the season is the reason all the time. Merry Christmas!
- I hope that our Lord’s love is spread upon the world this Christmas.
- May you feel the love of Christ this Christmas!
- Christmas only comes once a year, but the gift of love keeps on giving.
- The gift that we all get this Christmas was given to the entire world about 2, 000 years ago.
- Whether it ends up being good or bad, have the kind of Christmas that only comes once a year!
- Life is good when I get to spend Christmas with all the people special to me.
- I want to wish you a time of peace, joy, and fun this Christmas.
- When I think about a great Christmas I think about you.
- Happy Holidays to you and your family!
- Seasons Greetings!
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Funny Christmas Messages
Sending a funny Christmas card may be a good idea. In that case, here are some funny Christmas card messages.
- All I want for Christmas is for you to have a Merry Christmas!
- The elves are working overtime to prepare presents for you. You've been extra nice this year.
- Christmas only comes once a year, and that's what we are all most thankful for at Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas!
- I don't understand why people like to say "Mary Christmas." Isn't it Jesus' birthday? We should say, "Jesus Christmas."
- Are Christmas trees green? I mean, are they environmentally friendly like a Hybrid?
- The main thing Jesus and Santa have in common is that they both look good in a beard.
- The best thing we all teach our kids about Christmas is honesty. "Sure... there's a real Santa Clause."
- They keep raising the age requirement to qualify for social security, so Santa won't retire.
- Everyone knows the most important part of the Christmas celebration is spending time with family you don't get to see very often. Then you have an excuse to neglect them the rest of the year.
- The day you learn that Santa isn't real is the day you question if that Jesus guy is real.
- Let's compare Jesus and Santa. They both know when you're bad or good. They both give you stuff. They are both nice. They can both do miracles. The are both real... o.k. at least one is real.
- I found your Christmas card message on the internet because I am not creative enough and I don't care about you enough to actually write your Christmas card message.
- It seems like it has been an entire year since I've wished you a Merry Christmas. Maybe we should have Christmas more often.
- Why is it so difficult to think of what to write in a Christmas card?
- Christmas cards are like kidneys. We need at least one in order to feel good.
- The most beautiful part about Christmas is that it's the last day of all the holiday stress.
- I enjoy my time with you at Christmas almost as much as I enjoy my time shopping for your present.
- I tried to think of the perfect thing to write in your card. Then I realized that I'll never reach perfection, so I'll just be honest. I got nothing.
Christmas Messages to Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Wife, or Husband
_ The following are examples of what to write to your significant other. Try these as idea generators, and edit these to your taste.
- No need to pull my pointy ears. I’ll be your Christmas elf this year.
- How many Christmases until we start looking like each other?
- Come down the chimney! I have a special Christmas present for you.
- If you were turned into a snowman by an evil witch, I’d definitely us my magical kiss to turn you back into the man you are. Then I'd make you snuggle with me to warm me up.
- Just seeing you brightens my Christmas.
- I’ve enjoyed making great Christmas memories with you, and I look forward to more to come.
- If I could package my heart and send it to you for Christmas, I would. Since I can’t, this card will have to do.
- You make me feel like a child waiting to open Christmas presents, even when it isn't Christmas time. Of course, when it is Christmas time, I feel that way even more. I just like hanging out with you a lot.
- All I want for Christmas this year is your presence. I don't need any presents from you.
- Christmas is a great time to spend time with family. Even though you are not technically family, I feel like you are. Merry Christmas!
- It's not just the Christmas lights; it's also your smile. My heart feels so much warmth, when you make my Christmas bright.
- Knowing that you and I both have Jesus living in our hearts makes the distance between us a little more bearable. That's the true meaning of Christmas for me this year.
- I can't think of anyone I would rather spend Christmas with than you. I feel blessed as if I have been given a great present.
- Christmas time is a great time to be your boyfriend/girlfriend. I get spoiled by you a lot anyway, let alone at Christmas time.
- Having you lets me be sure that I won't be lonely or unloved this Christmas, just like having Jesus lets me be sure that I'll never be lonely or unloved any time of year.
- My feet may get cold, but my heart will always be warm with love for you.
- Good thing I have you as my own personal heater.
- Even though you drive me crazy sometimes, you can still drive me wild too.
- What would Christmas be without you?